We all hate it when the air conditioning doesn’t work. After a hard day’s work its quiet essential to come to a home which is cool and comfy. Imagine a scenario when you come in tired from all that work and your Air conditioner refuses to cool. It can be a real bummer.
An air conditioner which is properly maintained works for longer periods without needing to be repaired. However there are certain things which you need to do in order to make sure your air conditioner works great. Read on to see how you can implement these simple tips to maintain your air conditioner.
Air Conditioning Installation : Gold Coast Expert’s Tips and Advice
- When considering air conditioning installation on the Gold Coast you need to consider maintenance of the air conditioning unit. Be sure to unplug the unit and then open the front cover of the air conditioner. Remove the filters and wash them gently with soap and water. Let the filter dry before installing it back into the unit.
- While you have opened the cover also try and wipe the grill of the evaporator coils. They can become coated with dust and debris and can make your air conditioner work slower than normal.
- You may even vacuum the grills and coils, but do so gently without harming the coil wires.
- It’s also important to clean the drainage system on a regular basis. This will allow the air conditioning to work well in extreme heat.
- The tube is pretty easy to remove. After removal make sure to clean it with a piece of thin wire to clear any blockages. A mixture of one part chlorine bleach and water can get rid of all the grime.
Tips to Help Maintain your AC for Optimal Performance
- Whenever you leave the home make sure to turn off the air-conditioning. This will allow the fan to cool down for a while and even reduce the cost of the electricity bill.
- Doing so will give the compressor a break as well. This will allow the unit to cool faster when the need arises.
- When installing an air conditioning unit make sure to do so far away from sunlight. Placing a unit in direct sunlight can make the coiling become heated up and lower the air conditioners efficiency.
- The seams around the cooling unit need to be closed properly so that no warm air comes from outside.
- Also make sure to provide a thorough cleaning every once in a while. This will help improve the efficiency and also reduce the cost of electricity bills.
Commercial Air Conditioning in the Gold Coast, Australia
Despite proper maintenance air conditioning commercial air conditioning units might stop working altogether. In that case refrain from going about the repair on your own. Doing so might result in an electrical hazard. There are some repairs which are best left to proper technicians. For commercial air conditioning on the Gold Coast click here to speak to an expert that can provide you with sound advice.
Make sure you call one who is equipped with the proper know how of repairing your air conditioner. You can easily find an air conditioner repair technicians in Gold Coast by scanning a few ads or asking around as well. For more information on AC repair and maintenance make sure to call them.