Are you worried about the blocked drains at home? Are those blocked drains making life miserable? Fret not you can ask expert plumbers to come to your rescue. Meanwhile the following are a few things you could do before
the experts come in to help.
Read on to see how you can deal with blocked drains.
Stop water from emptying into the drain
Since the drain is blocked it would be better to not allow any more water to get into it. The first thing which you should so is close all the taps. Allowing water to continue falling into the drain would only worsen
Get a pair of workman gloves and drain rods
Dealing with blocked drains isn’t really hygienic so make sure you have got a pair of workman gloves handy. These would actually help protect from germs and debris. Next get your hands on some drain rods. These would
actually help you clear the drain quicker
Unblocking a drain
- The first thing you should do is to try and remove the cover. If there is excess water make sure you get rid of it one way or the other.
- Get rid of the blockade with the help from the drain rod. You might need to twist and turn the rod quite a bit before you can actually feel that the blockade is gone.
- Once you have gotten rid of the blockade make sure you open the warm water tap to get rid of the additional debris.
- Once that’s done make sure you put some commercial drain opener in the drains for the future. This would prevent the drains from becoming clogged again.
However if at any point you might feel that you aren’t able to reach the blockage you might need to call in the services of a professional plumber. The main reason why you might be unable to get rid of the blockage
could be either because the blockage is somewhere near the floor of the drain or there is blockage in the main pipes leading to the drain. In either case call in the services of a professional and avoid doing things
on your own.
The first things which you should keep in mind before you hire the services of a plumber are
- Get to know whether the plumber has a valid license.
- Make sure you get more than one reference. Read some online reviews too. It would help you to know that a business which exists online is legit and you can safely have them over at your place.
- Not all plumbers would provide you with a quote on the phone. Someone who is a true professional would always evaluate the situation and then let you know how much a certain job might cost you.
- If you have a small job like clogged drains chances are you won’t be charged too much. However blocked drains due to faulty pipes might however need the services of more professional plumber.
Keeping the above mentioned things in mind could help solve any plumbing issues. If you have a blocked drain and live in the Gold Coast Capital Plumbing will be able to assist you with all of your needs. Alternatively, if you a resident of Nerang, Queensland, this Nerang plumber is an expert in the area and while provide you with an affordable and efficient plumbing service.